AHRI’s globally recognized and industry respected certification program helps you, as equipment and component manufacturers, sell more products, win bids, differentiate yourselves from competitors, and comply with government requirements.
When specifiers and other decision makers see that your equipment bears the AHRI Certified® mark, it will provide them with the assurance that your equipment will perform accurately and consistently, thus helping you win more bids.
The purpose of the AHRI Product Performance Certification Program is to:
- Assure buyers that manufacturers produce products with consistently valid ratings, thus enhancing buyer confidence in the performance of participating manufacturers’ products and discouraging the marketing of products with invalid ratings;
- Encourage fair competition in the market;
- Maintain industry-driven certification;
- Facilitate compliance to various state and federal efficiency regulations;
- Serve as an accredited Certification Body (CB) to participants for compliance with ENERGY STAR® Qualification;
- Facilitate applicable tax credits and rebates; and
- Meet verification and reporting requirements driven by state and federal government regulations.
Benefits of the AHRI Product Performance Certification Program:
- Recognized throughout the world;
- Provides consumers with a reliable, apples-to-apples comparison of equipment they are considering purchasing;
- Increases consumer confidence — independent testing verifies that the product shall perform as the manufacturer claims;
- Provides a level playing field for manufacturers — competing products are tested and rated to the same standard or specification;
- Provides the basis for private business and government cooperation — many AHRI certified products are regulated by the government, and AHRI certification may facilitate compliance to minimum efficiency standards, including some set by foreign governments;
- Facilitates compliance with EPA’s ENERGY STAR verification and reporting requirements; and
- Maintains integrity in the HVACR industry.