Find AHRI Certified® Variable Air Volume Terminals
General Operations Manual
General Operations Manual (Jan 17)
Product-Specific Operations Manual and Related Forms
This program applies to 50 Hz and 60 Hz Production Model Variable Air Volume Terminals, as defined in Section 1.2, and used in non-residential air distribution systems which provide control of air volume and/or air temperature by one (1) or more of the following means and may include a fan:
- Fixed or adjustable directional vanes;
- Pressure dependent volume dampers or shutoff valves (including air induction nozzles and dampers);
- Pressure compensated volume dampers or shutoff valves (including air induction nozzles and dampers);
- Integral heat exchanger(s);
- On/off fan control; and/or
- Variable speed fan control.
Program Scope Exclusions
This certification program does not apply to non-VAV diffusers, grilles, or registers or to products specifically covered by the AHRI Forced Circulation Air-Cooling and Air-Heating Coils Certification Program or the AHRI Room Fan-Coil Certification Program.
The following certification program ratings are verified by test:
- Primary Airflow, cfm [m3/s];
- Minimum Supply Operating Pressure, in. H2O [kPa];
- Radiated Sound Power Level, dB;
- Discharge Sound Power Level, dB;
- Electrical Power Input, W;
- Power Consumption (optional), W/cfm; and
- Induced or Fan Airflow Rate, cfm [m3/s].
The rules and procedures for obtaining and maintaining certification are detailed in the Resources section above. The specific Standard listed above details the technical requirements for rating and publishing your product performance, the AHRI General Operations Manual (OM) details the program operational rules that are generic to all of AHRI’s certification programs and lastly, the Product-specific Operations Manual provides the operational rules that are specific to this program along with the required documents and fees. Please ensure that you are familiar with the latest rules and procedures for this program.