Find AHRI Certified® Heat Pump Pool Heaters.
Product-Specific Operations Manual
General Operations Manual
General Operations Manual (Jan 17)
A heat pump pool heater consists of one factory-made assembly, which contains the air moving device, compressor, refrigerant-to-water heat exchanger and air-to-refrigerant heat exchanger using ambient air as the heat source. Models may consist of more than one assembly to be used together for the purpose of cooling and heating water. Models with separate assemblies shall be designed to be used together, with certification based on the use of matched assemblies. Heat pump pool heaters shall provide the function of heating pool water to achieve a controlled temperature, but may include the functions of pool water cooling, air-heating, air cooling, air-circulating, air-cleaning, or dehumidifying.
- Standard Rating Heating Capacity — High Air Temperature - High Humidity, Btu/h
- Standard Rating COP — High Air Temperature - High Humidity, watts/watt [W/W]
- Standard Rating Heating Capacity — High Air Temperature - Mid Humidity, Btu/h
- Standard Rating COP — High Air Temperature - Mid Humidity, watts/watt
- Standard Rating Heating Capacity — Low Air Temperature - Mid Humidity, Btu/h
- Standard Rating COP — Low Air Temperature - Mid Humidity, watts/watt
The rules and procedures for obtaining and maintaining certification are detailed in the Resources section above. The specific Standard listed above details the technical requirements for rating and publishing your product performance, the AHRI General Operations Manual (OM) details the program operational rules that are generic to all of AHRI’s certification programs and lastly, the Product-specific Operations Manual provides the operational rules that are specific to this program along with the required documents and fees. Please ensure that you are familiar with the latest rules and procedures for this program.