Find AHRI Certified® Water-Cooled Water-Chilling and Heat Pump Water-Heating Packages Using the Vapor Compression Cycle.
General Operations Manual
Related Standards, Forms and Worksheets
Product-Specific Operations Manual and Related Forms
Data Submittal Forms
Facility Approval Forms
Facility Approval Procedures and Checklists
Specification Sheet Verification Complete this form
for each WCCL Selection Rating Software output report verification request and send to AHRI Verification.
A copy of the output report from the manufacturer’s Selection Rating Software must be submitted in conjunction with this form. All fields must be completed prior to submission. Note that AHRI only verifies the Certified Data shown on each output report.
Please allow ten (10) calendar days for AHRI to conduct verification and respond to your request.
Water-Cooled Water Chilling and Heat Pump Water-Heating Packages. A factory-made and prefabricated assembly (not necessarily shipped as one package) of one (1) or more compressors, condensers and evaporators, with interconnections and accessories including controls, designed for the purpose of cooling or heating water. It is a machine specifically designed to make use of a vapor compression refrigeration cycle to transfer heat from a cold water fluid circulating system to a warm water fluid circulating system.
Custom Unit. A unit that is not specifically listed in a publicly available sales brochure, magazine advertisement, website posting or Catalog / Selection Rating Application that is a single instance product which contains components or additions that change the performance such that ratings can no longer be obtained by utilizing the Participant’s Catalog / Selection Rating Application. Custom Units shall not be certified and shall not be listed in the AHRI Directory of Certified Product Performance.
Field Trial Unit. A unit that is produced and provided to a customer, for the purpose of gathering data on potential new products. These units are intended to transition into regular production should the field trial be successful. Field Trial Units are subject to the requirements of Custom Units. Field Trial Units shall not be certified and shall not be listed in the AHRI Directory of Certified Product Performance.
New Product Introduction. A new product is one that falls under the Program scope that is available to be marketed, but is not available for standard production and is not listed in the AHRI Directory of Certified Product Performance. Within nine (9) months after AHRI has received notification of New Product Introduction Unit, the Participant shall add the New Product Introduction Units to the Directory in accordance with Section 9.2 or else be in violation of AHRI’s Certify-All Policy.
Modular Chiller Array. A combination of individual certified chillers that may or may not include, from the factory, all required piping, wiring and controls to make the modular chiller array complete. The Modular Chiller Array is not certified, similar to when other certified chillers are piped and controlled together in the field.
Tested and Certified Ratings
This Program tests and certifies Water-Cooled Water-Chilling and Heat Pump Water-Heating Packages Ratings as defined in this Section.
Water-Chilling Packages Tested Ratings. In accordance with the Standard, the following certified ratings are verified by test, at full and part-load performance no less than 25% of the rated full-load capacity:
- Standard Rating Conditions — Packaged Units. Each AHRI selected Packaged Unit test sample shall be tested at the Standard Rating Conditions defined in Table 1 and Table 3 of the Standard. Testing tolerances apply to full-load and IPLV performance, not individual part-load test points (25%, 50%, and 75%) used to calculate IPLV.
- Application Rating Conditions — Configurable Units. Each AHRI selected Configurable Unit test sample shall be tested at the Application Rating Conditions at which it was designed to operate. Testing tolerances apply to full-load and NPLV performance, not individual part-load test points (25%, 50%, and 75%) used to calculate NPLV.
- Selection of Random Operation Point. In addition to the specific Standard and Application Rating Conditions noted above, AHRI shall select a random point within the rating conditions, and the limits of Section 5 of the Standard, for verification. This random operating point (5th point) shall be selected to allow AHRI to certify the published operating map conditions at which the chiller can be run.
Water-Chilling Packages Certified Ratings. In accordance with the Standard, the following ratings are certified at full and part-load performance no less than 25% of the rated full-load capacity:
Operating Map Conditions. AHRI certifies the entire published operating map of the following ratings:
- Capacity, ton [kW];
- Cooling energy efficiency;
- EER, Btu/W∙h;
- COP, W/W; or
- Evaporator and condenser water pressure drop, ft H20 [kPa].
Part-Load Values. AHRI certifies the following Part-Load Values:
- Integrated Part-load Value (IPLV)
- EER, Btu/W∙h;
- COP, kW/kW; or
- Non-Standard Part-load Value (NPLV)
- EER, Btu/W∙h;
- COP, kW/kW; or
Heat Pump Water-Heating Packages Tested Ratings. In accordance with the Standard, the following certified ratings are verified by test, at full-load performance:
- Standard Rating Conditions. Each AHRI selected test sample shall be tested at one (1) of the Standard Rating Conditions defined in Table 1 of the Standard.
- Selection of Tested Condition. AHRI shall select one (1) Standard Rating Condition from those listed in Table 1 of the Standard for verification. This selected rating condition must be one in which the Participant’s Catalog / Selection Software claims as AHRI Certified for the particular unit being tested.
Heat Pump Water-Heating Packages Heating Certified Ratings. In accordance with the Standard, the following ratings are certified at full-load performance:
- Standard Rating Conditions. AHRI certifies the following published ratings at Standard Rating Conditions as defined in Table 1 of the Standard which the Participant’s Catalog / Selection Software claims as AHRI Certified.
- Full-load heating capacity, Btu/h [kW];
- Full-load heating coefficient of performance, COPH;
- Full-load heat reclaim coefficient of performance, COPHR and
- Evaporator and condenser water pressure drops, ft water [kPa].
The rules and procedures for obtaining and maintaining certification are detailed in the Resources section above. The specific Standard listed above details the technical requirements for rating and publishing your product performance, the AHRI General Operations Manual (OM) details the program operational rules that are generic to all of AHRI’s certification programs and lastly, the Product-specific Operations Manual provides the operational rules that are specific to this program along with the required documents and fees. Please ensure that you are familiar with the latest rules and procedures for this program.