Find AHRI Certified® Air-Cooled Water-Chilling Packages Using the Vapor Compression Cycle.
General Operations Manual
Related Standards, Forms and Worksheets
Product-Specific Operations Manual and Related Forms
Data Submittal Forms
Facility Approval Forms
Facility Approval Procedures and Checklists
Specification Sheet Verification Complete this form
for each ACCL Selection Rating Software output report verification request and send to AHRI Verification.
A copy of the output report from the manufacturer’s Selection Rating Software must be submitted in conjunction with this form. All fields must be completed prior to submission. Note that AHRI only verifies the Certified Data shown on each output report.
Please allow ten (10) calendar days for AHRI to conduct verification and respond to your request.
Air-Cooled Water-Chilling Package. A factory-made and prefabricated assembly (not necessarily shipped as one package) of one (1) or more compressors, condensers and evaporators, with interconnections and accessories including controls, designed for the purpose of cooling water. It is a machine specifically designed to make use of a vapor compression refrigeration cycle to transfer heat from a cold water fluid circulating system to the air.
Custom Unit. A unit that is not listed, neither in a catalog, specification sheet nor generally advertised for sale, that is a single instance special order in which customer requested components or additions that change the performance such that ratings can no longer be obtained by utilizing the Participant’s Selection Rating Software. Custom Units shall not be certified and shall not be listed in the AHRI Directory of Certified Product Performance.
Modular Chiller. A modular chiller is a unit that is made up of multiple chillers that can function individually or as a single unit. Modular chillers shall be certified, provided that the chiller is rated and listed in the AHRI certification directory as a complete unit with a specific combination of modules and with a total capacity that is within the scope of the program. In this case, the complete Modular Chiller consisting of multiple modules must be certified as a single complete unit as part of the certification program.
Tested and Certified Ratings
This Program tests and certifies Air-Cooled Water-Chilling Packages Ratings as defined in this Section.
Water-Chilling Packages Tested Ratings. In accordance with the Standard, the following certified ratings are verified by test, at full and part-load performance no less than 25% of the rated full-load capacity:
- Standard Rating Conditions — Packaged Units. Each AHRI selected Packaged Unit test sample shall be tested at the Standard Rating Conditions defined in Table 1 and Table 3 of the Standard. Testing tolerances apply to full-load and IPLV performance, not individual part-load test points (25%, 50%, and 75%) used to calculate IPLV.
- Application Rating Conditions — Configurable Units. Each AHRI selected Configurable Unit test sample shall be tested at the Application Rating Conditions at which it was designed to operate.
- Selection of Random Operation Point. In addition to the specific Standard and Application Rating Conditions noted above, AHRI shall select a random full-load capacity point within the rating conditions, and the limits of Section 5 of the Standard, for verification. This random operating point (5th point) shall be selected to allow AHRI to certify the full-load published operating map conditions at which the chiller can be run.
- Non-Standard Rating Condition. If an air-cooled centrifugal compressor chiller does not operate at Standard Rating Conditions, conditions shall be chosen by AHRI from the Participant’s Published Ratings.
Water-Chilling Packages Certified Ratings. In accordance with the Standard, the following ratings are certified at full and part-load performance no less than 25% of the rated full-load capacity:
Operating Map Conditions. AHRI certifies the entire published operating map of the following ratings:
- Full-load capacity, ton [kW];
- Full-load cooling energy efficiency; and
- EER, Btu/W∙h;
- COP, W/W; or
- Full-load evaporator and condenser water pressure drop, ft water [kPa].
- Part-Load Values. AHRI certifies the following Part-Load Values:
- Integrated Part-load Value (IPLV)
- EER, Btu/W∙h;
- COP, W/W; or
The rules and procedures for obtaining and maintaining certification are detailed in the Resources section above. The specific Standard listed above details the technical requirements for rating and publishing your product performance, the AHRI General Operations Manual (OM) details the program operational rules that are generic to all of AHRI’s certification programs and lastly, the Product-specific Operations Manual provides the operational rules that are specific to this program along with the required documents and fees. Please ensure that you are familiar with the latest rules and procedures for this program.