Department of Energy
There are currently no energy conservation standards for commercial and industrial fans and blowers. Fans and blowers are found in both the industrial sector and the commercial sector. Fans and blowers are used for ventilation and circulation, and in industrial processes.
The Department of Energy (DOE) will conduct an analysis of the energy use, emmisions, costs, and benefits associated with this equipment during any energy conservation standards rulemakings. The Standards and Test Procedures for this product are related to Rulemaking for Commercial and Industrial Fans and Blowers Energy Conservation Standard.
Summary: DOE is considering energy conservation standards for commercial and industrial fans and blowers, which are listed as a type of equipment for which DOE is authorized to set standards. DOE has requested comment on the analytical approach and preliminary scope of the rulemaking for such standards, as well as on several issues DOE has identified specific to the development of standards for this equipment. DOE will consider any input received in determining whether to establish standards for this equipment and if so at what levels.
Type of Regulation: Energy Conservation Standard
Rulemaking Link: Rulemaking Webpage
Docket Id: EERE-2013-BT-STD-0006
Comment Period Close Date: December 1, 2016
Where to Comment: EERE-2015-BT-TP-0015
AHRI Comments to Previous Stages of Rulemakings:
- 2017-01-06 — AHRI comment response to 3rd NODA
- 2016-11-11 — Request for extension of the 3rd NODA comment period
- 2015-09-08 — AHRI comment response to NODA to 2nd NODA
- 2015-07-31 — Letter to DOE General Counsel
- 2015-07-21 — Request for extension of the 2nd NODA comment period
- 2015-06-04 — Transcript: ASRAC Fans and Blowers Working Group Meeting
- 2015-06-03 — Transcript: ASRAC Fans and Blowers Working Group Meeting
- 2015-05-19 — Transcript: ASRAC Fans And Blowers Working Group Meeting
- 2015-05-07 — Transcript: U.S. Department Of Energy Public Meeting ASRAC Fans And Blowers Working Group Meeting
- 2015-02-25 — AHRI Comment response to the published Notice of Data Availability (NODA)
- 2013-06-03 — AHRI Comment response to Framework document
- 2013-05-02 — AHRI Comment response to the published Framework Document
- 2013-02-21 — Public Meeting Transcript: Energy Conservation Standards for Commercial and Industrial Fans and Blowers
Staff Contact: Laura Petrillo-Groh
Current Efficiency Standards
There are currently no energy conservation standards for commercial and industrial fans and blowers.
Current Test Procedures
There are currently no test procedures for commercial and industrial fans and blowers.
EPA ENERGY STAR
Not currently an Energy Star certified product.
Current Product Specifications:
Applying for Energy Star:
To qualify a new product, contact an EPA-recognized Certification Body (CB) to have the product's performance certified. A list of EPA-recognized CBs, as well as an overview of EPA's third-party certification procedures, is available at Third-Party Certification. AHRI is an EPA-recognized CB. Email AHRICert_EnergyStar@ahrinet.org for more information.